WARNING AND NOTICE

All tricks in this blog are only for educational purpose. Learn these tricks only for your knowledge. Please donot try these to harm any one. We will not take any responsibility in any case. All softwares and tools on this site are here for private purposes only and If you want to use a software for business purpose, please purchase it. I do not host many of these tools. I Post links that I have found from numerous Search engines. I will not be responsible for any of harm you will do by using these tools.

Readmore

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

[Solved] Cannot Open Gmail, Orkut With Open DNS Servers Configured

Recently I faced a strange problem on my desktop computer when I could not open orkut and gmail in my computer internet browsers like firefox, google chrome etc. When ever I tried opening orkut or gmail I faced the following error page with the error message as shown in the image below.

11-10-2010 10-34-47 PM

As it seems may be due to the long URL redirection URL to the profile home page generated after logging in orkut confused the open dns servers to consider it as a phishing website and its gets blocked, some thing similar happened with gmail also.

After some searching, I got to know that the best way to solve this problem is to get rid of open dns servers and rather use google dns servers for faster browsing and better web experience. So, I changed the dns servers on my router from open dns to google dns servers.

12-20-2010 12-22-12 PM

Similarly you can change the dns servers on your router like this or under network sharing center in windows 7 or network settings on XP

12-20-2010 12-25-35 PM

Under network sharing center go to network adapter settings as shown in the image below.

12-20-2010 12-27-48 PM


Under adapter settings, right click on your LAN or wireless adapter and select properties as shown in the image below.

12-20-2010 12-29-15 PM

Click Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the properties button as shown in the image below.

12-20-2010 12-30-32 PM

Here you will find Open DNS severs entries, replace them with google dns servers – IP addresses of google dns servers is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and click ok button to save changes as shown in the image below.

12-20-2010 12-33-15 PM

This is how you can solve the problem of open dns blocking sites and use fast and better google dns servers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment