WARNING AND NOTICE

All tricks in this blog are only for educational purpose. Learn these tricks only for your knowledge. Please donot try these to harm any one. We will not take any responsibility in any case. All softwares and tools on this site are here for private purposes only and If you want to use a software for business purpose, please purchase it. I do not host many of these tools. I Post links that I have found from numerous Search engines. I will not be responsible for any of harm you will do by using these tools.

Readmore

Monday, July 25, 2011

BEWARE Of Twitter Phishing DM –“Someone said this real bad thing about you in a blog”

Being in the technology blogging, we come across more such instances than usual when someone sends us malicious links, phishing links, fake login pages etc. Today I got an email notification of a Direct Message in my Twitter account. The interesting thing about this message was that it said something provoking like
delete-twitter-phishing-message“Someone said this real bad thing about you in a blog”
and second thing was it contained a suspicious link which I didn’t click in the email as I had a clue that such emails are usually spam or phishing attacks. Instead what I did was I opened other browser in which I was not logged in to check what the link is about.

phishing-direct-message-on-twitter

Once I opened the link, it forwarded me to this page which looks precisely a copy of the Twitter login page, but look closely, its neither a HTTPS secure login nor it is a twitter.com homepage. This is a phishing page, where many people will mistakenly try to login with their twitter id and password after which this information will pass on to hackers and the account gets compromised. After this, the hackers can misuse this twitter account to send more such provoking direct messages to more people and it starts to spread !
fake-twitter-login-page
If you get such message via email or Direct message on Twitter, do not click the link in this DM. Manually type twitter.com in the address bar of a browser and login to your twitter. Click on messages, select the phishing message and click delete link at the bottom of the message.



delete-twitter-phishing-message
Do share this information with your twitter follower and friends on Facebook so that they don’t fall in such trap. Prevention is better than cure, so next time you get any provoking message, don’t get angry and look at it closely before clicking on it and falling into a trap.